Hanging pictures and cracked plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I finally plucked up the courage to hang some pictures in my new house yesterday. Having been worried about cracking the plasterboard, I bought the correct hooks, etc, but when inserting the hook for one picture, a long, very fine horizontal crack appeared in the plasterboard. I'm worried that I've weakened the wall, as there is a tiny bit of 'movement' around the crack when I press the wall. Is this really serious? I would appreciate any advice or reassurance. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
What do you mean by the correct hooks? Give us more specific details and we may be able to help. Is it an internal or external wall? What age is the house?

Does the plaster sound hollow when tapped? If so, it's coming off the wall. No always a problem though.

Sponsored Links
Difficult to give specific advice without more information, but it's vanishingly unlikely to be serious. You can't pull a house down with a picture hook.

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back