new & need cost advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all, totally new to this forum (hello) & need some very ballpark figures please.
I have seen a house i love BUT it needs work.
Before i invest money in a full structural survey i just need a very rough guestimate to see if its even achievable.

Its a 4 bed victorian detatched
I think it will need the following

Re-roofing - some missing slates & i dont think there is any felt.
New central heating boiler, although all the switches & controls in airing cupboard look new.
Poss re wiring
updating existing outside loo & creating access from iside to make downstairs loo.
stripping all walls & ceiling paper & replastering if needed ( 4 beds, 2 large receptions & kitchen)
Tiling fro bathroom, new bathroom & kitchen fitted (not including cost of bathroom & kitchen i have prices for them)

do you think i cna get all of the above done for under £20k or am i deluded?? Thanks

Sponsored Links
"am i deluded??"

yes your deluded this is a forum not a place to get building quotes, or preform magick

sorry merlin, i thought it was a forum for help.... i'll go somewhere a little less rude!
Like i said new to forum, sorry that i didnt quite "get it"
Maybe you should try a " how do i answer posts without being rude" forum.

sorry but it is a DIY forum. If you want advice on how to do a job yourself, someone will help.

Sponsored Links
sorry merlin, i thought it was a forum for help.... i'll go somewhere a little less rude!

it is a forum for help not a place to get a free quote then clear off

Do prioritise the work that needs to be done - in other words, make sure the house is completely weather tight and structurally good before any internal work commences.
This involves the roof, doors and windows, naturally enough and do check for any rising damp too.
I'm afraid your 20k seems way to light when you consider that the roof itself means major work....at a complete random guess you could maybe get the roof and heating done for that sum but of course no one here can see the property!
A bit at a time.....and that survey is essential. Check out surrounding properties to see if they have had any nasties like subsidence etc.
John :)

Thank you everyone, i hadnt really read many of the other posts before posting myself to get a feel for the sort of questions asked.
The windows etc are all new as are all the guttering, facias etc, its just the roof that seems shot.

I will get a full survey before proceeding thanks again.

it is a forum for help not a place to get a free quote then clear off
Merlin - You need a talking to - I`ll have a word with Arthur :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back