removing a tiled fireplace - advice appreciated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Hope someone can help

I'm removing the crap fireplace in our front room.

I understand it will be attached to the wall using some kind of fixing, but I'm having trouble locating where and how it is attached to the wall.

I've highlighted a couple of areas in the attached pics where I think it might be attached beneath the plaster.

Do I just chip away at this area to see if the fixings are then exposed?

Is there any possibility it hasnt actually been attached to the wall in this way and its simply just resting there!?

Any help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Yep, just chip away. On the whole, don't pussyfoot around. What do you intend to have there instead?

Cheers I found it pretty easy.
Well, I was considering just bricking it up and having a wall. But I'm now thinking the room will look a bit too plain, so am now looking at simple surrounds instead.
It's not a massive room (ex-LA property in London) so I can't be too flash, but I do like the traditional look

Well, I was considering just bricking it up and having a wall. But I'm now thinking the room will look a bit too plain, so am now looking at simple surrounds instead.
It's not a massive room (ex-LA property in London) so I can't be too flash, but I do like the traditional look

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back