replace double glazing units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi... can anyone tell me if it is possible to replace some of my double glazing units that are knackered, to do it myself
cheers
mickcoulson

Sponsored Links
Not a huge issue Mick - depending on how the existing units are fixed.....timber frame / plastic frame / glass beads etc.
Best to measure the thickness first before you order new ones......take the frame inner size and subtract 6mm for clearance on the main dimensions..
John :)

Not a huge issue Mick - depending on how the existing units are fixed.....timber frame / plastic frame / glass beads etc.
Best to measure the thickness first before you order new ones......take the frame inner size and subtract 6mm for clearance on the main dimensions..
thanks...upvc frames and beading

Sponsored Links
You need a large flat bladed wood chisel to carefully prise those beads out.....once one is out, the rest are easy. They can be really fragile if they are old though, so carefully does it!
Once the beads are out, the units are often secured with double sided sticky foam tape which is slit with a stanley knife.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back