Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Got a sagging sofa - got it from Ikea.

I'm thinking of:

1. Trying to repair it
2. Buy a new sofa
3. Buy an old - but good sofa and repair it (as new sofas are extremely expensive).

Thoughts? Did anyone try this?

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

Got a sagging sofa - got it from Ikea.

I'm thinking of:

1. Trying to repair it
2. Buy a new sofa
3. Buy an old - but good sofa and repair it (as new sofas are extremely expensive).

Thoughts? Did anyone try this?
No2 Just not from Ikea.

Sponsored Links
IKEA is no worse (or better) than anywhere else for the money, anyone on here just thinks that a sofa sagged just ‘because it was from IKEA’ is frankly a bit daft!

If you are thinking of having an old sofa re-covered, be aware that it will cost a lot more than buying a new one.

I believe DFS have a sale on at the moment :LOL:

IKEA is no worse (or better) than anywhere else for the money, anyone on here just thinks that a sofa sagged just ‘because it was from IKEA’ is frankly a bit daft!
Obviously never bought a sofa from IKEA, they are KR*P, poorly designed and put together. ;)

That is true, you get what you pay for. I've only ever bought sofas from habitat and John Lewis, the habitat one is now in the play room and is as good as new and getting on for a decade old, I'd say its got another 20 odd years in it before it will need any attention.

BTW you know the word 'crap' is one of the rare 'swear' words that the Nazis regime on here allow! :p

think it was a play on the skandanavian names they give their stuff

We bought two sofas from Debenhams which cost 2k. Both have sagged in the middle.

I must lay off the pies :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back