shed insulation, advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I run my business from my shed (I like to call it a studio - but you get the picture). In the winter it's freezing so I'm looking into insulating it.

I'd like to put rockwool and then kingspan on top. Question is, I don't really want to pay for plasterboard to be put on top (materials and labour) and I think the rockwool and kingspan will suffice. However, the reflective surface will not work in terms of aesthetics, and I wondered, can I paint directly on to the kingspan? Has anyone tried this?

Many thanks, all input appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If it's a shed then plasterboard will get too damp, I line my garage with 12mm ply, less work , and provides sound surface to mount shelves etc.
What are you heating with?, insulation will not make it warmer unless you have a good heat source.

it's fully fitted for electric so I have electric heaters. It's just at the moment all the heat escapes so quickly.

Why is 12mm ply less work? Is it also less expensive?

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Ply does not need to be skimmed like the plasterboard and is much more resilient to damp conditions.I bought mine on ebay £7 a sheet delivered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back