wickes babel pedestal - how to fix to the floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm about to install a new sink in the bathroom, we bought a Wickes Babel sink and full pedestal. The pedestal has no fixing holes on the bottom (nor did it come with any screws etc.) I'm not sure how to proceed, but I can't believe it's supposed to just sit on the floor. Any suggestions? Gripfill? Mastic? It's going to sit on a floating bamboo floor, so would prefer to fix through to the deck underneath.

Thanks
Jim[/quote]

Sponsored Links
Normally they just sit on the floor, weight of sink keeps them in place [unless you play football in your bathroom?] You can put a bead of clear silicon around the inside where it wont be seen.
Floating timber floor not ideal in a wet environment.

Thanks for the info.

Take your point about the floor, but it's rated for bathroom use. Some friends of ours have had it for several years without a problem. I've made it clear that any spillages need to be mopped up straight away, and no damp mats can be left on the floor. Time will tell!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back