Hairline cracks in render allowing moisture through

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved into an old property with render on the front of the building. I have recently had it plastered and have noticed two damp patches one by the front window and one by the front door both next to the joins with the door and window. I think the moisture is coming from hairline cracks in the render. So Im after what filler would be best to make the hairline cracks water tight. Any ideas would be great cheers.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
ill try and get some pics on. We are getting somebody to look at the guttering at the front of the house as we have noticed abit of damp in the front bedroom. Could the moisture be travelling down to the front ground floor window and front door. The cracks dont sound hollow at the moment especially around the front door. So you dont reckon it is coming in through the cracks in the render. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back