Is it possible to accelerate plaster drying/curing!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

as per title, is it possible to do something do accelerate the plaster drying/curing process. Due to bad condition of walls when tiles were taken down we had to had complete room plastered rather than the original plan which was just to skim walls.

this means in some places the plaster is quite thick and due to tight personal commitments i am just trying to find if its possible to do something to help plaster dry/cure faster.

not sure if putting small heater will help or will make it worse!
i guess opening of windows never hurts but with current weather it may not be of much help!

ta

Sponsored Links
Put in a de-humidifier,, or you could put in a small blow heater and leave the door of the room "slightly"open.

Put in a de-humidifier,, or you could put in a small blow heater and leave the door of the room "slightly"open.

Thanks. Don't have a dehumidifier or blow heater. Have got an of electric oil heater and electrical convector heater. Do they wor?

Also any part icular significance of writing to leave door" slightly " open as opposed to fully. I was thinking of leaving windows open at night.

Ta

If you leave the door open you're heating the house not the room. Opening the window won't dry the plaster quicker than a heater.

convection heater is better that the oil one, higher output

Sponsored Links
Air movement through the room is as important or more so than just heat in a room.

And that's the secret as Micilin said. Leaving the door "slightly open" will let the air circulate, while at the same time keeping most of the heat in the room. A window left "slightly open" at night wont hurt either, depending on the style of the window, and whether any rain will blow in.

thanks everyone. will try putting heater on from tonight. did leave window slightly open last night as well.

ta

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back