Jointing Compound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I am doing the tapered plasterboard thang at the moment and have a question about jointing compound. Does anyone want to recommend the best one to use, i would rather use a ready mixed brand if possible but not too sure what to get and from where. I am quite concerned with drying times as the powdery stuff seems to dry a hell of a lot faster that the ready mixed variety - is this better, does this mean that i can do multiple stages in one day? I don't mind doing the powder compound if it is THAT much better but want to see what everyone else is using for this.
Thanks
L

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I will have a look(the link doesn't work) but I think they sell easifill in the sheds. Does it really dry as fast as it says though? Looking at the readymix stuff that takes 24 hours whereas this stuff looks like 20-40 mins
Surely this isn't correct .... is it?

The link should have taken you to this product
gyproc-ready-mix-joint-cement-12ltr-31-p.jpg

Easifill 20 has working time of 20 minutes
Easifill 45, 45 minutes
Easifill (basic), 60 minutes

Sponsored Links
Easifill powder it is then I think, I could probably get the whole ceiling done in a day easy :)
Has anyone actually done multiple passes/stages of taping/feathering etc in one day? Most places I have seen seem to leave for 24 hours

You can generally apply second and third coats of easifill at intervals of 80 mins.
It would depend on the drying conditions though, a light sand down between applications will be required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back