Making good after stud wall removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've removed a stud wall in our loft conversion in order to create a larger room and I'm left with a small amount of bare plasterboard on two walls and the ceiling as show in the pics. I suppose my question is, is there any shortcut to making this good? It doesn't have to be perfect as we're only going to be using the room for 6 months (max) whilst we have an extension done downstairs. Once that has been completed we're having a dormer put in.

If I have to go down the plastering route am I mad to try it myself? I've never plastered before although I'd like to think of myself as a competent DIYer (I'm a mechanical engineer in real life). Would I get away with one skim or does it need a base layer first?

Any help would be gratefully received! Cheers...

Sponsored Links
Yes that will do the job.

pva first, and it will need 2 or 3 coats sand down the next day.

Sponsored Links
how deep is that channel thats been left? looks like 10mm or so judging by the left hand side, if so i would bring it out level with a bit of bonding first

how deep is that channel thats been left? looks like 10mm or so judging by the left hand side, if so i would bring it out level with a bit of bonding first

Thanks for the tip - there are quite a few areas with deep gaps so I'll do as you say and get some bonding paster on there first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back