DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

plaster over tile adhesive


 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plastering and Rendering
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
hollybush

from United Kingdom

Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Posts: 25
Location: Ayrshire,
United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:26 pm Reply with quote

took wall tiles off was hoping to plaster wall but wall has a lot of tile adhesive on it cant get it off could it be plastered over does anyone know
Back to top
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
dmplastering

from United Kingdom

Joined: 24 Jan 2012
Posts: 331
Location: Fife,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 37 times

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:39 pm Reply with quote

hollybush wrote:
took wall tiles off was hoping to plaster wall but wall has a lot of tile adhesive on it cant get it off could it be plastered over does anyone know


know how your feeling. Simply pva the area and a coat of bonding to bring out past the adhesive. Wait a few hours till this has set, non greasy, then multi finish on top
Back to top
The following user says thank you to dmplastering for this useful post:
hollybush (30 Jan 2012)
 Alert Moderators
stevethespreader

from United Kingdom

Joined: 19 Dec 2009
Posts: 1805
Location: Hampshire,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 236 times

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:14 am Reply with quote

if you dont fancy skimming over the addy use a steamer to soften it, you will find its very easy to scrape off
Back to top
The following user says thank you to stevethespreader for this useful post:
hollybush (4 Feb 2012)
 Alert Moderators
dmplastering

from United Kingdom

Joined: 24 Jan 2012
Posts: 331
Location: Fife,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 37 times

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:14 pm Reply with quote

stevethespreader wrote:
if you dont fancy skimming over the addy use a steamer to soften it, you will find its very easy to scrape off
everytime ive came across this on site ive just gave it a couple soaks with a bruck then attack with the heal of an old trowel, then coat of bonding then finish down
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
stevethespreader

from United Kingdom

Joined: 19 Dec 2009
Posts: 1805
Location: Hampshire,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 236 times

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:33 pm Reply with quote

dmplastering wrote:
stevethespreader wrote:
if you dont fancy skimming over the addy use a steamer to soften it, you will find its very easy to scrape off
everytime ive came across this on site ive just gave it a couple soaks with a bruck then attack with the heal of an old trowel, then coat of bonding then finish down
when where out onsite we dont have steamers so it will get skimmed over ,but when i done my own bathroom i took all mine off, about 6m2 of it with a steamer in about 20 mins it was soft as butter i wouldent skim over it if i dident have to
Back to top
The following user says thank you to stevethespreader for this useful post:
hollybush (4 Feb 2012)
 Alert Moderators
dmplastering

from United Kingdom

Joined: 24 Jan 2012
Posts: 331
Location: Fife,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 37 times

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:42 pm Reply with quote

stevethespreader wrote:
dmplastering wrote:
stevethespreader wrote:
if you dont fancy skimming over the addy use a steamer to soften it, you will find its very easy to scrape off
everytime ive came across this on site ive just gave it a couple soaks with a bruck then attack with the heal of an old trowel, then coat of bonding then finish down
when where out onsite we dont have steamers so it will get skimmed over ,but when i done my own bathroom i took all mine off, about 6m2 of it with a steamer in about 20 mins it was soft as butter i wouldent skim over it if i dident have to

true, never thought about a steamer. Would be better to use one of them to take it all off then pva and skim
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plastering and Rendering All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Similar Topics   Replies   Views   Posted 
What Tile Adhesive For New Render ? 13 520 Sun May 16, 2010 11:36 pm
Plastering onto tile adhesive 4 520 Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:37 pm
Filling Fake Tile Etched in Wall w/pics 5 120 Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:16 pm
Time after plastering to paint/tile 3 100 Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:48 pm
Tile backer board 6 260 Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:55 pm


 
DIYnot
Find an Expert | Find a Supplier | Search DIYnot.com
Network | Advertising | Newsletter
DIY | DIY How To | @home | DIY Wiki | DIY Forum
By using this site you agree to our Terms of Service / Disclaimer.
Please read our Privacy Policy. Copyright © 2000-2014 DIYnot Limited.