Plastering interior block wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm doing the prep work before skimming a wall. It's made of block and when I wet it, the water seems to get sucked in very quickly.

I've applied some bonding plaster but some areas it's pulled away easily - I'm not sure if it's poor mixing/technique or that the blocks have sucked the moisture and it'll never work.

Before I carry on and completely waste my time and materials, I'm considering scraping off the new bonding, perservering or dot and dabbing - any views?

Sponsored Links
wet the wall until it no longer sucks water. you will get the pva kings telling you to pva it :rolleyes:

What sort of post is this .This is a personal vandetta between you and whoever. People seeking advice dont want to hear mening less "crap" that has nothing to do with what they have asked.. :rolleyes:

joe has been chasing him around the forum kicking his er$e at every opportunity...poops is lashing out at shadows now :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
What sort of post is this .This is a personal vandetta between you and whoever. People seeking advice dont want to hear mening less "crap" that has nothing to do with what they have asked.. :rolleyes:

ditto

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back