repainting exterior coating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
The exterior of my house is starting to look a bit drab, I bougth it 10 years ago and a few years before that is was painted/coated with some sort of latex bag-coat.
The invoice says , power wash/bio wash/prepare surface/Latex bag-coat.

What sort of paint should i use to repaint it that wont start to peel or flake off?

Sponsored Links
It's in good condition but as it has a rough surface, over the years it has started to look a bit dirty.

Sponsored Links
If its in good nick and you can find out details of the coating used it may be able to be cleaned.

I don't think it would clean up very well as it has a rough surface, not as rough as pebble dash but too rough to clean as the roughness holds the dirt.
I was hoping to repaint it but need to know it will key onto the old surface

:?:

It will paint over, it's a big job and don't want it to start flaking off in a year or 2.
Think ill have to find the product that's need use and get in touch with manufacturers
Thanks all
Jeff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back