180mm Shower Pipe Centres

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have an exposed valve 'traditional' Mira shower that is broken. I have taken it off in order to replace but the pipe centres are 180mm. I cannot find a similar shower valve with 180mm centres.

The Mira shower was installed around 2002 and looks very much like the current Mira Realm ER, but that current one has 153mm centres.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Can anyone give me an answer that doesn't invlove taking off the tiles, realigning the copper pipes and re-tiling?

Thanks

Nick

Sponsored Links
yep, contact shower doctor online and repair your shower, new insides and out. new shower that goes straight back on

Thank you.

Had a look and found the right shower. It is a Mira Realm, post 1996 on Shower Doc.

However, no idea which part needs replacing!

The handle/arm is just spinning. Not grasping the anything to stop the water running.

As well as that, after another search (my searches have been very lenghty!) I have finally found a bar valve that adjusts betweem 130 and 180mm. And it looks like it would be cheaper than getting the replacement parts!

Sponsored Links
90% certain it's post-1996.

However, the grub screw to get the handle off is worn. won't grip at all. I've tried everything, including a largerhex key tapped in.

To replace the 'teeth' part of the head I need to take that handle off. It seems impossoble at the minute!

Edit:

It is a 2.5mm AF grub screw and the hex key came with the shower. Put the wrong size in and you may mess it up.

Worst case is you have to drill it out and re-tap to clear the threads. At least a new one can be obtained with all parts marked A

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back