Advice - Boiler making loud noise when turned on ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a FerroliF24B Domicomdems and its started making a terrible LOUD rattling noise when turned on.

It literally sounds like there are nuts/bolts rattling around inside it !!

I have contacted various plumbers who have said its kettling and the boiler temp stat 'is inits way out ',needs replacing ? As the water is boiling in the heat exchanger ??

Others have it just need to be bled as there is air in the heat exchanger. ?

I have drain/bled the system but the problem still exists with HW soits not that ??

Any ideas as most want £50-£70 just as a call out !!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Debris in the boiler example scale, sludge and anything. Best call heating engineer before boiler give up

Debris in the boiler example scale, sludge and anything. Best call heating engineer before boiler give up

So its doubtfull its kettling/overboiling.

I'll have a ing around and get an engineer out as they are all telling me differing things.

Just looking for any info/help off here so i have a a basis to discuss it with him.

The thing is rattling - The only snesor i can see is part 42,but that just monitors the DHW temp, the problem is also with CH.

One pumber has quoted me £90 to replace it BUT i doubt it is that...

http://www.ferroli.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/brochures/archives/Domicondens F24 & F28 Manual.pdf

I have seen them, they just clip on the pipe....

Thanks for reply

:)

Sensor only regulates the temperture so its pointless changing it if it not the problem. You have different people telling you different things as you wont pay for them to have a proper look. Same way your asking on here. People can only guess. It couldbe heat exchanger r it can be fan. Without looking at it no one knows. Pay someone to cone out and repair it instead of guessing yourselfand being out of pocket.

Sponsored Links
Your not giving the full picture.

You've stared on another forum that you have replaced the Orings into the heat exchanger as they were leaking ( on to pump). You've flushed the rads as they are full of sludge.

Have you now changed the pump? Probably still carp in the system and a weak pump causing the noise, not being able to dissipate the heat

Ignore the noise, does the heating and hot water work normally, no problem?

I may know what wrong but you will need a gas safe engineer to work on.

Daniel.

The confusion is there are two boilers, the domi compact is fine after replacing the o rings.

The f24 condems sounds like abag of nuts is rattling inside it.

Sorry for the confusion guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back