Alpha 280e pilot light issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an alpha 280 e boiler in my new home and it has been working fine for a couple of months. We are on a gas meter which ticked down to £0 this morning. After plugging some more money into the meter we thought all would be well but the boiler now refuses to light! We noticed the pressure had gone below the green section so we have corrected this but it still won't light?

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
There is no pilot on this boiler it is ignition eletrode type, you probably have air in gas pipe through letting it run out of gas.
The gas will eventually find its way through by resetting or purgeing the gas valve will do the job but you will need an engineer to carry out this proceedure.

That's a very old boiler to have been fitted to a new house!

You need to reset the boiler lock out and try starting a few times.

Change the card meter for a proper credit meter asap! They are only for tenants and those unable to manage their finances!

Tony

Sponsored Links
IF it was air in the gas supply, and I don't see how that would have happened, then merely trying to restart a few times will get rid of that!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back