Altech ALTHC014 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have read of alot of problems with these not talking to the boiler, but the problem i have is the opposite. It is always firing my boiler up and the house is constantly sweltering in heat. i have it set the temperature to 5 degrees for when we are out at work and at night. but there are days i come in early and its as if the heating has been on constantly. and its the same at night, its just on constantly. its firing up the boiler every so often when surely it shouldnt be when i've set it to 5 degrees. Any help would be appreciated.

This is my first house and im worried about crazy gas bills, at the moment we're having to switch the boiler on ourselves when we wake up in the morning and switch it off when we leave the house and the same when we return from work and go to bed.

the boiler in question is a Vokera compact 24 combi boiler, the boiler isnt the problem, its the flipping altech telling it to come on all the time!

Sponsored Links
I think this is a cheapy relabelled Salus, sold by Graham plumbers merchants.

You could go to the Salus website for more info.

If you are competent electrically, you could remove a wire from the boiler, or stat receiver, to prove it is the thermostat at fault.

Did you put the stat in.............?

Sponsored Links
Hi, no i didnt install it myself. this is a new build house we're privately renting. I can't see why it would be the boiler at fault as it is only coming on when instructed to do so by the stat, the boiler will be sitting idle, then the little flame symbol appears on the stat and then on goes the boiler. it shouldn't be doing this during the times we've got it set at only 5 degrees as the stat has never shown less than 16 degrees when the boiler hasnt been switched on by ourselves all day :confused: :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back