Altech Thermostat with RF ALTHCO14 Problem!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Just wondering if anyone has come across similar problem with this thermostat. Had it fitted one year ago and has been working perfectly until this weekend.

The thermostat has been programmed to come on and off at set times but now the boiler is coming on when the themostat is showing that it is off (ie no flame showing) and not at a time when it is programmed to.

Last night it was on all night and house was like an oven at 4am this morning when I was out in shed where boiler is with a torch!:cool: Today have put in new batteries and tried resetting all the timings but the boiler is still coming on when it is supposed to be off.

Heeeeeelp :!:

Any advice gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Hi if this unit is the one I'm thinking of is there an on / off switch on the receiver ?

I would first try switching that off to see if the heating also goes off.

If it does, at least you can be fairly confident it's the thermostat / receiver that's dodgy.

Hi if this unit is the one I'm thinking of is there an on / off switch on the receiver ?

If it does, at least you can be fairly confident it's the thermostat / receiver that's dodgy.

Yes there is an on/off switch and it does put off the heating - having just been putting on manually from there until I can figure out why the controller programming bit is not doing what it is supposed to do!

Sponsored Links
Hi forget the valves in the pictures , they arent used with your combi, is the hot water dial set on preheat ? (the smiley face ) if it is put it on the economy setting (looks like a snowflake), if this solves the problem then the diverter valve wants looking at.

Yes there is an on/off switch and it does put off the heating - having just been putting on manually from there until I can figure out why the controller programming bit is not doing what it is supposed to do!

Hi, can you check the times programmed in settings 4 and 5.

Apparently the time in 5 is for the frost setting and it should be exactly the same time and temperature as is in 4.

The temp in 4/5 should be set to something like 10C.

Sometimes if this is wrongly set it can affect the normal operation of the unit.

Lots of good info about this unit here, (it's a Salus clone :D )....

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=117777

.....See the post from LeedsPlumber

Hi forget the valves in the pictures , they arent used with your combi, is the hot water dial set on preheat ? (the smiley face ) if it is put it on the economy setting (looks like a snowflake), if this solves the problem then the diverter valve wants looking at.

Unfortunately nothing quite as simple as that - has been set at economy all the time. But thanks for suggestion.

Hi, can you check the times programmed in settings 4 and 5.

Apparently the time in 5 is for the frost setting and it should be exactly the same time and temperature as is in 4.

The temp in 4/5 should be set to something like 10C.

Sometimes if this is wrongly set it can affect the normal operation of the unit.

Lots of good info about this unit here, (it's a Salus clone :D )....

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=117777

.....See the post from LeedsPlumber

Yes had a look at that post earlier - and yes setting 5 set same temp as setting 4 so still no joy I am afraid.

Yes noticed guarantee - think you are probably right and will need to replace it. Will remember to turn heating off at receiver tonight before going to bed so don't have to do the midnight trek to the shed!

Thanks for replying. Much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back