another Ferroli optimax

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have an HE31C which has been an absolute nightmare sincew it was installed 3 years ago- trying to get enough money together to get another boiler installed.
The current problem is poor HW delivery especially to the bath and shower, i`m not sure if the fact that they are both upstairs is a coincidence or the amount of water drawn is the factor as when drawing it in the kitchen it seems ok(mostly) but we don`t draw a lot.
The shower usually runs for a couple of minutes then the temperature drops and the shower has to be turned off to 'reset it' this can then be needed half a dozen times during a shower.
Any ideas?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sounds like badly installed on a dirty system without cleaning!

The same will happen to ANY new boiler is thats the case. System needs power flushing whena ny new boiler is fitted!

When was the plate heat exchanger last cleaned?

Tony

hi tony thanks for the quick reply, it was installed on an existing system and had all new rads & valves but i don`t know whether it was flushed or not, How would one go about power flushing.
I do know some of the workings of a ch system so i`m unsure how this would help the working of the hot water system but i`m all ears... well eyes as it will be for reading ;)
We had a service just after Christmas, but couldn't tell you what was cleaned or inspected as the clumsy arse 'engineer' turned the ch filling knob the wrong way and bust it, couldn't get a replacement so lashed something together to allow the boiler to be used - unlike himself who will never be used again :evil:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back