Ants coming in through boiler vent.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After years of being plagued by ants at 2am this morning we found they were coming in through a gap in the kitchen wall where the boiler vent pipe leads outside.

It's a potterton boiler about 12 years old which is a closed room ventilation unit ( I think iv got that right).

There's not hole in the wall outside around the vent so I presume they are coming in through the vent then finding a way from the vent into the hole then into the kitchen.

Can I use expanding foam to fill the hole in the wall in ? Just wondering if this would be safe, and is their anyway to stop them from entering in the external chimney vent without reducing it venting the gases from the boiler itself.

Many thanks.[/list]

Sponsored Links
:cry: maybe they have got into the wall cavity.

I'm surprised the liquid Nippon hasn't killed the nest, it usually does if you let them carry it home to share.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back