Aqualisa Aquavalve 60x Outlet (Plug) Assembly installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have and Aqualisa Aquavalve 60x (I think - it was installed in 1996).

We recently fitted a shower water reduction valve from United Utilities, though shortly after fitting, water stopped coming out of the shower head, but could be heard running behind the tiles!

After inspection, it appears the bottom of the outlet assembly (blanking plug at the bottom of the mixer) had been blown off, leaving the thread part still screwed on. When turning on the shower - water simply ran out of this!

I have bought a replacement kit (http://www.aqualisa.co.uk/parts-sto...Manual-Mixer-Valve/White-outlet-assembly-kit/) which seems to include parts for both the blanking plug, and the shower hose.

I only want to replace the blanking plug (I realise this isn't a plumbing term :LOL: )

The parts I received are the 4 shown on the picture in that link, 2 black O-rings, a grey looking O-ring, which thins at one side, and a spiky looking O-ring.

My assumption is that I just need the two parts on the left of the image, and a black O-ring to seal the mixer again, and that the other parts are for attaching the pipe for the hose.

Is this correct - after the leak we had in discovering this, I aren't let any more water leak as my life wouldn't be worth living. Do the grey or spikey ring have anything to do with this configuration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Hi - Did you sort this in the end, as I appear to have exactly the same problem, though it was several months after fitting a water saving valve that my shower blanking plug was blown off.
Did the replacement part fix it?
Was your cartrdige still ok - I'm not sure if I've also got drips coming from the cartridge or not yet - obviously I need to fix the major leak first!

The next question would then come if I did need a new cartrdige as it looks as though I have a the 'white' manual cartridge. I assume this is the original, but since then a combi boiler has been fitted, which aparently needs the pink cartridge?
Thanks for any help!

It's still a work in progress!

The replacement blanking plug was fitted by a friend, who is more handy at these things than me. I should also point out at this stage the water regulator is in the bin.

This fixed that particular leak, though the cartridge has been dripping ever since (it may well have been dripping before the regulator was fit too).

See (//www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/aqualisa-aquavalve-605-405-dripping.297771/) for more information on where I'm up to.

As for particular cartridges I have no idea I'm afraid...

Thanks for reply - sounds like I could be following in your path on this - though I hope not ;)
I'll get the blank plug fitted and then hopefully I'll be able to see whether the cartridge is dripping or not.
I assume you got the Aqualisa specific plug?
It looks like a pretty generic bit to me (but then I'm no plumber!)........I'll follow your other thread to see what happens as I'd be interested.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Yup, it's the Aqualisa specific one.

I thought it looked generic too (are you me, from 3 months in the past?!?)

I tried 2 plumbers merchants before I submitted to the fact that I really would have to get it from a shower spares place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back