Ariston boiler cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a 7 year old Ariston 30 combi boiler and I was hoping that someone could suggest what is going wrong with it?

It worked fine for years but recently the flame has been cutting out on a regular basis. This seems to happen nearly every time that we run hot water for any length of time, but also sometimes when the central heating kicks in, and it is pretty difficult to get the boiler to ingnite again afterwards. It is pretty random when it happens - we went a day and a half with getting heating in ten minute bursts before the boiler shut itself down, followed by 3 days of solid performance, followed by another day of 10 minute bursts.

I've had a heating engineer out to have a look, but he came on a day when it was working fine, cleaned the electrodes and said he couldn't see anything else wrong with it!

Sponsored Links
Hi,

It's an Ariston Genus 30 Plus - when it cuts out a wee red light comes on and the 70 and 80 degree green lights flash - the manual says that it is a loss of flame warning.

Thanks,

Kirsty1983

hi, can be a difficult problem to diagnose, but possibly air pressure switch dropping out in operation or could be the PCB not getting rectification intermittantly

Sponsored Links
Hi BARNY78BG,

thanks for the suggestions - if the problem is either of those things, is there anything I can do myself to get the boiler up and running? What would be the proper fix for those problems - a new pbc / air pressure switch?

Proper fix is by a competent gas registered engineer!

Those are not one of the easiest models to diagnose faults on.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back