Ariston MicroGenus 27 MFFI combi boiler has stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

My Ariston MicroGenus 27 MFFI combi boiler has stopped working, so I have no hot water or heating. The only thing the boiler is doing, is showing all three fault lights (Ignition failure lock out / Fume sensor LED / On Off LED) The pilot light is out and the boiler is silent.

The boiler has to be water topped up every month or so, as there is a slow leak from underneath. Today when I found no hot water, I topped up the water to 1 bar, and for the first time ever, the boiler does not restart on a reset.

I have never seen all three fault lights on before (even when it locks down through low pressure)

I don't suppose this is something that will be resettable and easy for a lady to sort out? Thanks in advance.

p.s.
If it helps, the boiler is approx 8 years old and I can't find the user manual :confused:

Sponsored Links
You know that there is a leak yet you dont check it and top up BEFORE it stops working?

It sounds as if something has gone wrong.

I expect that you will have to get an engineer to diagnose and correct the problem and the leak!

Tony

The leak is a slow one and I didn't realise that the pressure had dropped so low (my boiler is in my loft room, so I rarely see it)

Anyway, I am hoping there was just some kind of glitch on the 'reset' on the boiler, as it's working now :rolleyes:
I turned the 24 hr dial out of curiousity, and the damned thing fired up! - odd really when I never use the timer, but who cares!

Thanks

Thats lucky for you.

But knowing there is a leak, I am surprised you still dont bother to regularly check the pressure.

Or do the right thing and get the boiler serviced and the leak repaired!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I hope your reply helped YOU in some way.
I'm sorry to say, it wasn't quite as condescending as you would have liked. You must try harder on the next newbie who needs help.

That's my last post on the matter.

Blessings
Tara

but Tony's point is very valid, you have a leak & you don't get it fixed, if you had of done you prob wouldn't have had a problem, but you are making your system worse because by constantly introducing fresh water into your system without replacing the inhibitor then your system is sludging up which means your boiler/rads/heating system etc are going to fail far quicker than it should & then it's going to cost you alot more than getting the leak fixed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back