Ariston Microgenus 32HE MFFI A0I error bought new pcb error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help please, our Ariston Microgenus 32 HE is out of the two year guarantee period and A01 popped up, I rang Ariston and other people who said it needed a new PCB, we bought one for just under £160 (new from Ariston via a supplier) installed it correctly with the HE piggyback board, switched on the boiler.
Up comes A79 followed in a few seconds by A01 again.

We are quite desparate a we have a disabled daughter and the house is getting colder and colder with no hot water.

Can anyone suggest anything that may help, (apart from fitting a Worcester)
I mentioned to Ariston that these boards we had read on the forums had a design fault but was told they can do nothing as its out of the guarantee period.

Sponsored Links
I came across this a few weeks ago, when the boiler tries to light can you see the igniter sparking through the viewing window, it will spark for 7 seconds then go out and try again, after several tries it locks out? If so, than it is the same fault as I found,

I replaced the Detection electrode and it worked fine,

Hope this helps

If it helps others to remain safe, you should not have opened the combustion chamber to replace any of the electrodes ( unless gas safe registered ).

Tony

Sponsored Links
Congratulations!

But in that case you should know the forum rules and understand that we do not give gas safety related advice to DIYers or encourage them to attempt work which should be done by an RGI.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back