Azzurro toilet seat removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace the seat on my Azzurro toilet. The new one i've got has what i recognise as conventional fixings but the old one has a threaded rod and what seems to be a nut buried inside the porcelain and I can't get anything on it to undo it. How do I get it off?

I see some seats have a shear bolt on presumably to stop them being stolen, if that is relevant.

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure with your exact toilet seat but most with a recessed expansion bolt have a screw. The head of this screw is usually hidden under the metal cap or plastic bar depending on your seat.

On the Azzurro seat, remove the seat from hinges in order to remove hinge covers, you might be able to see the screws holding the hinge down.

You may need to buy blind fixing kit as there no access to below.

Daniel.

Thanks for the quick replies - I'll get in as soon as the bathroom is free (and give it 5 minutes to clear the air).

Sponsored Links
Well I went to see if I could undo the hinge
GALLERY]

This is what it looks like. The screw head turns the threaded rod below which has a tapered nut on it. To hold the nut still it needs a square ended box spanner, or in my case I jammed a screw driver in alongside
GALLERY]

Thought I'd pass this on in case anybody else gets stuck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back