Back 105E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a problem with my boiler Baxi 105E, the ignition light ( yellow) stays on for a minute or so then turns off, which obviously turns the burners off resulting in a minute of cole water, then turns back on and repeats. Gas guy called and changed a DHU Sensor not sure what that is, but seemed ok while he was here. Had a shower this morning and the same happening again. Any one got any suggestions please.

Sponsored Links
Yes I have done thought someone could suggest something else perhaps that could be the issue. Thanks

Probably the plate heat exchanger blocked, does this happen with all the taps or just the shower ?

Sponsored Links
Low gas pressure is an easy one to miss on this boiler... Most ignite on the low pressure so if it's too low the boiler won't even ignite. This boiler has a separate ignition pressure which can be fine but then as it modulates down the burner will cut out.

Plate needs taken off and cleaned out with acid or replaced

Gas112, see what I mean about 10 thumbed so called engineers carry out work they know nothing about. Now do you think the OP will ever want to employ this fellow again :)

More clowns like this plying their trade, better it will be for the pro like yourself as you and I do not need to go looking for work- these guys make it easier for you ;)

Many thanks for your replies, he is coming back tomorrow, so will let you know how I get on. Thanks again

Hi, just say that they came back today and found that the heat exchange plate required cleaning, all seems well again with hot water and good pressure, They said it would really need the system flushing and would cost £700, needless to say I passed on that one for now. Many thanks to all that replied. Great help armed with good information.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back