Bath hot tap only luke warm, unable to run a hot bath?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We recently moved into a new build only to find that the bath hot tap can only run luke warm? We are unable to run a nice hot bath.

It's strange because the sink tap will run so hot it will burn your hand? Same downstairs and in the kitchen, all run very hot.

Can I adjust the temperature somehow or is it a quirk we'll have to put up with?

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Christian

Sponsored Links
Might have an antiscald valve (google this) within the tap or below it. If you can remove the bath panel then this might shed some light on the situation.

Sponsored Links
Thank you all for the prompt replies to my query.

Interesting to hear bath temp can be regulated.

I removed the bath side panel as suggested to reveal the water pipe work and was greeted with what looks like an upside down radiator cap. I notice that the hot and cold feeds are linked. Never seen this before?

Thermostatic mixing valve, you have them on new builds to comply with current regs to prevent scalding.
Different people have different opinions on what is considered to be hot.

I see so this is a mixing thermostat. I'm guessing the reason the hot water is luke warm because it's adding cold water to the hot feed to regulate the temperature.

I tried turning the cap but it just swivels freely so it's not a switch as such.

The cap came off in my hand.

It has Titan Ozimix3 DR BC329/0308 ADJ35~46C MAX written on it?

I tried searching the forum and online but all I could find is that Titan make taps and are based in Hong Kong???

No user guide or instruction manual to be found?

The clues the shape on the top of the cap. There are some videos on YouTube.
Just remember the valve is there for a reason ;)

Got it!

Thanks Armo74

The cap's triangle shaped indent is a key for the bottom of the mix thermostat valve. The triangle cut away matches the triangle shaped valve adjuster.

It was so easy to do. You just simply turn the valve in the direction of hot or cold. Genius!

I turned all the way clockwise until it couldn't turn any further and that increased the hot tap water temperature.

I turned anti-clockwise the first time and the hot tap went cold. Oops!

Turning clockwise had given us hot water for the bath at last.

Our daughter is 7 now so she's ok with hot tap danger although we will ensure she knows that the bath hot tap is now piping HOT.

Thank you everybody. Great forum.

Much appreciated

:LOL:

Cheers,

Christian

Get yourself a thermometer and set the temp between 44 and 46 degrees.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back