bathstore taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the hot tap in the photo is from bathstore and are called "space 3 hole wall mounted" according to the receipt. the hot is continually dribbling.can anyone offer any advice about the taps and their inards, be they cartridge or discs and how to change them please. i will ring the technical dept monday about parts, i found this number for them, 08000 23 23 23 on another post
the hot water is provided by a ferroli boiler View media item 40305 View media item 40306 View media item 40307

Sponsored Links
The tap dripping points to a split/perished washer. As they are crosshead screw down taps, this suggests that they have a washer, and not a cartridge.

Never come across these taps and hard to say without being there. Does anything screw off, i.e the back peice that is touching the tile, which may reveal a grub screw?

Can you see a way for the cross tap handles to come off? Is there a cap in the centre which comes off and reveals a screw?

Someone with more exp should hopefully be along soon :)

thanks guys when i was examining the taps i could not find any grub screws or allen key fittings,i think the taps centre piece levers out but was,nt keen to push in case i did any damage so ill wait untill i phone the tech line. the movement of the taps is quarter turn.

Sponsored Links
That shrould below tap handle looks like 2 parts smaller then the larger shrould.
Once handle off the shrould should unscrew.

pic don't give a straight enough image.

seco you are right, i called into bathstore on my travels today and one of the assisstants demonstrated what to do .he pulled the tap head straight off, unscrewed the shroud and bingo. ill ring technical tomorrow, who he said would give me the number of bluewater, the maker of the tap, for spare cartridges.
cheers again

advice from technical is maintenance first.strip down, clean and descale.if no good then new cartridge at £12 plus £5 carriage.give this a go then

Hi terrence 7556,

From what you describe, it sounds like a cartridge issue, which could require cleaning (by soaking in a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and warm water), then flushing through and replacing. Alternatively, you may wish to replace with a new cartridge. To access, remove the grub screw on the tap, this should release the lever. Remove the collar, and the cartridge will be visible. Unscrew this and release. Reverse the process to replace. If you need any further assistance, please contact our technical support team on 08000 23 23 23.

Regards,

Bathstore

update.clean and descale didnt work.only good to come out of it was i wsitched taps so cold dribbled and there was not a constant demand on the boiler.another school day.new cartridges to order

Cant stand bathstore. It was obviously faulty cleaning weren't going to do nowt. When they showed you in store should have asked for the display cartridge.

Hi terrence 7556,

From what you describe, it sounds like a cartridge issue, which could require cleaning (by soaking in a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and warm water), then flushing through and replacing. Alternatively, you may wish to replace with a new cartridge. To access, remove the grub screw on the tap, this should release the lever. Remove the collar, and the cartridge will be visible. Unscrew this and release. Reverse the process to replace. If you need any further assistance, please contact our technical support team on 08000 23 23 23.

Regards,

Bathstore

If Bathstore can come on here and give advice for their own products. They should send Terry a new set free of charge.

Just think of the free press they will be sending out to other tradesmen on HERE!!!

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back