Baxi 105 Fault on Fan or Flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Since turning the radiators on yesterday the 'Fault on Fan or Flue' error light has started to flash (It might have been on before and not noticed). I can still get hot water and the central heating system works.

The boiler does seem to be more noisey now and this morning it sounded as if water was trying to fill up inside the boiler. The presure on the boiler is also down at 0.

Any ideas on what I can check before calling a plumber? I was about to put the boiler on a maintance plan last week as well :rolleyes:

Thank you

Sponsored Links
It seems odd that you get the fault light but the boiler still works. That might be a minor fault on the PCB.

But using it with zero pressure is likely to cause damage so not advised.

My suggestion is to increase the pressure to normal and it might all come good. If anything was leaking then it is most likely water would be coming out underneath.

But getting your boiler serviced regularly is always a good idea.

Tony

Thank you for the quick reply.

I only noticed it last night when I switched the heating on for the first time but the rads and hot water all work fine.

I have 2 taps under the boiler towards the back, do I open both of those to increase the pressure and does it matter if the heating is on or not when I do this?

Thanks

I've repressurised the system but still no joy. The hot water mode light flashes green when the hot tap isn't on and stops flashing when I switch it on. No hot water comes out now :(

I've checked that there is nothing obstructing the flue

Help!!

Sponsored Links
The fan doesn't seem to kick in now either when the hot tap is turned on

Sounds like you need someone who knows what they're doing, call in a pro.

Sounds like you need someone who knows what they're doing, call in a pro.

I know! Tried a couple of local plumbers and both said the earliest would be back end of next week :-/ guess I'll have to go with BG on their £99 fix fee then sign up for the 12 months home care 200... Oh well at least they can come within 24hrs

If you only bothered to put your location in your profile then perhaps we could suggest someone for you.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back