baxi 105e boiler fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive got a baxi 105e, its in a house ive just bought thats been empty for a while so the boiler hasnt been used for a while.

the 60 degree light is flashing which is a low pressure of pump fault. the pressure gauge is sitting at 2 bar and i can feel the pump buzzing away.

ive had a look at the diafram valve and the plunger is moving up and down when i turn the heating or water on or off but the plunger is not coming high enough to make the top switch.

if i make the top switch with my screw driver the boiler seems to fire up and the light stops flashing.

any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Could be air in the boiler, turn heating on, boiler will lock out so reset a few times. It might need a new diaphragm.

The pump is stuck, turn the boiler off, get a towel ready to catch any water and undo the large silver nut on the front of the pump, use a small flat head screwdriver to spin the pump and the boiler should then fire up.

The pump is stuck, turn the boiler off, get a towel ready to catch any water and undo the large silver nut on the front of the pump, use a small flat head screwdriver to spin the pump and the boiler should then fire up.

Thanks. Should I do that whilst the boiler is on and there's demand? Or should I do it when the boilers off? I did has the cap off earlier and span it but only about half a revolution

Sponsored Links
If the pump was stuck then the plunger would not move at all. Therefore I second diaphragm or sticking valve diagnosis.

I've had the flow valve apart and the diafram was perished. Bought a new one. Cleaned the valve out and it's free, put it all back together and it's exactly the same

Have you removed the pump head and inspected the eye of the impeller for blockages?

Tony

Have you removed the pump head and inspected the eye of the impeller for blockages?

Tony

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Yes I've had the pump apart and it's fine. Don't think it's the pump because when I make the switch everything works

You seem to be missing the point that its the pressure from the pump which causes that switch to be activated ( except in your case of course ).

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back