Baxi 105e diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Baxi 105e, usual problem, central heating getting hot when hot tap is on. CH did have some crud in it, this has now been flushed.

Still need to fix the diverter valve. Can these be stripped down and cleaned? If so, do i need some new seals on reassembly? Or is it just not worth it and I should get a new valve?

What i really want to avoid is stripping it down on friday afternoon, then finding that something in it needs replacing and having no hot water for the weekend.

Sponsored Links
If you get this seal kit, it contains all the parts required for diverter overhaul.
I have never replaced the complete valve. What can possibly go wrong with the brass body?.......nothing. If you are not confident then go for the complete valve and don't start it at 5 on a Friday. View media item 30316 View media item 31064

Thanks 45yearsagasman. I assume baxi and Alpha use the same diverter valve. I have ordered the overhall kit. Will see how it goes.

Sponsored Links
Well i had the valve out today. Overhauled it using the suggested kit, reassembled everything and...

The boiler now has a flame fault and wont do anything :(
Too tired to think about it now, unfortunately i did get a bit of water on the pcb, but im fairly certain it was dry before powering up. And im not aware of knocking anything while removing the diverter.

DOH!!!

Thats the problem with many DIY jobs.

The DIYer does not have the experience to deal with problems that arise.

So why did you not take the advice given above NOT to start the job at 5 pm on a Friday ???

Yep i suppose it is.

And I did take the advice - I started at 3pm on a friday :)
Unfortunately friday afternoons is the only free time i have.

Well, the newlywed in Southampton from this site would probably come out on a Saturday if you cannot wait because of the 3 day old baby and the 98 y.o. grandma staying with you!

Well tried it 1st thing this morning, and the boiler is now working again :) Including the overhauled diverter valve so im happy.

One final question for anyone with experience of this boiler. I didnt strip down the hot water differential valve as the kit didnt contain spares for this. Ive noticed that when a hot tap is switched on, it takes a few seconds for the pin to come out and close the microswitch. Is this normal or could this valve do with an overhaul as well?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back