Baxi Backboiler ... never registered??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
It seems that my back boiler has not been registered or commissioned as I have no certificates and the servicing and information record form is not completed.

I expect this will cause a problem with my house insurance so if this is the case then what are my options.

I have a Gas Safe engineer looking at it now as I asked for a service (after living here for 7 years) ... I know it should be done every year but I let it slip.

We have no installation certificates to work from so what can I do?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Did YOU have it installed?

Was that a gas reg firm?

Are they still trading?

The answer is if you have been so dilatory in the past it is probably too late apart from getting it serviced every year and having a Gas Safety Certificate issued now.

Tony

It will not cause any hassle with your house insurance at all by not having paperwork

The installation was done by the previous owner of the house ... apparently in 2000 and then serviced in 2005 (July) - declared by the previous owner.

However there is no paperwork to back this up! and as I mentioned the service record is blank - so no proof.

There is no record of who carried out the intallation.

The engineer (who is gas safe) has now completed his work and it seems no inhibitors were used or anything during installtion so we suspect the system is inefficient and has a magnetite build up.

Looks like it may need replacing soon :(

Sponsored Links
I expect it will carry on working for many more years!

But not all that efficiently.

But they do need servicing every year!

Tony

Thanks Tony for your help/advice.

I will contact gas safe customer services to see if they have a record of the installation.

Regards

:rolleyes: No chance if it was done in 2000. Just service it regularly and it'll be fine.

Sounds like your engineer is trying to frighten you .

Up untill beginning of may 2005 there was no need or requirement to fill in any paperwork whatsoever .
95% NEVER WHERE even from BG etc
And for someone to say 13 years after installation that it never had any inhibitor fitted is just pure bullshite, impossible to tell

A back boiler will last 30 years quite easily even without inhibitor if the system was fitted correctly .

What makes you think you have a magnetite problem what symrtoms if any are you getting ?

The CH takes a short while to get heat into the system and the Rads are Cooler at the bottom but heat does eventually get there.

The water that is bled out of the rads is black initially but does come clear after a while.

Thanks for the re-assurance tho'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back