Baxi Bermuda 551 back boiler GC No 44 077 48 fire fronts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anyone have a manual for a Baxi Bermuda 551 GC No 44 077 48?

I am trying to find out what fire fronts go with the Baxi Bermuda 551 GC No 44 077 48 back boiler.

At the moment it has a LFE 3 Super (GC No 37 077 16) gas fire on the front of the Baxi Bermuda 551 back boiler even though on the instructions for this fire front it says it is to be used with the following boilers....Bermuda 401, 552 & 25/1. Yet it is fitted to my 551.

When i took the front panel off my fire to get to the thermostat, inside the front panel it says GF Super & LFE 3 Super operation instructions. Does this mean a GF super will fit my Baxi Bermuda 551?

I have looked at posts on this forum regarding the 551 and some are saying it is almost the same as a 552. Is this correct?

If it is then would a Bermuda VP fire GC No 37 077 17 (which was fitted to a Bermuda 552 boiler) fit my 551 as it fits a 552 and the fire i have now fitted to my 551 says in the instructions that it is for a for a Bermuda 401, 552 & 25/1 yet it is fitted to my 551.

So If my LFE 3 Super that is meant for a Bermuda 552 boiler is at the moment fitted to my 551 boiler then would a Bermuda VP fire GC No 37 077 17 that came off a 552 also fit my 551 as some posts are saying the 552 & 551 are very similar boilers, hardly any difference between them.

In fact British Gas that have been servicing my boiler for 10 years told me it was a 552 but i looked today and saw it was a 551.

Can anyone help me at all? Do you know what other fire fronts (name & GC No of fire front) can be connected to a Baxi Bermuda 551 GC No 44 077 48?

If you need anymore info or clarification then let me know

Thank you

Regards

Louise

Sponsored Links
Go to Baxi Parts Arena (Google that) and all will be revealed regarding compatible firefronts. You may well be wasting your time as I think most are out of production. S/H may be an option. I think they listed about six different fronts.

Hi, My Baxi Bermuda 551 is fitted with a fire front (LFE 3 Super GC No 37 077 16) that is for a Baxi Bermuda 552. So can i have a gas engineer fit another fire front to my Baxi Bermuda 551 that is for a Baxi Bermuda 552?

I have a 2nd hand Baxi Bermuda VP (GC No 37 077 17) If the fire on at the moment is for a Baxi Bermuda 552 would the Baxi Bermuda VP also fit my Baxi Bermuda 551? If not then how comes a fire front for a Baxi Bermuda 552 is currently fitted to my Baxi Bermuda 551?

Some people on this forum say there is hardy any difference between the 551 & 552.

Many thanks for any help.
Louise

Hi, My Baxi Bermuda 551 is fitted with a fire front (LFE 3 Super GC No 37 077 16) that is for a Baxi Bermuda 552. So can i have a gas engineer fit another fire front to my Baxi Bermuda 551 that is for a Baxi Bermuda 552?

I have a 2nd hand Baxi Bermuda VP (GC No 37 077 17) If the fire on at the moment is for a Baxi Bermuda 552 would the Baxi Bermuda VP also fit my Baxi Bermuda 551? If not then how comes a fire front for a Baxi Bermuda 552 is currently fitted to my Baxi Bermuda 551?

Some people on this forum say there is hardy any difference between the 551 & 552.

Many thanks for any help.
Louise

IIRC correctly, there are different fixing points on the 551 compared to 552. You cannot use the "wrong" fire. Someone may have fitted the fire without using the brackets. With the "wrong" fire. the unit is non compliant, and has not been factory tested in that configuration. An RGI would classify and label at least as "At Risk"

EDIT: I cannot find manuals that GC no anywhere. It MAY be that as this is the ORIGINAL VP (as opposed to the later versions) it is suitable for the 551. But don't fit it yourself, the install must be tested and commissioned properly. I would suggest phoning Baxi Tech 0844 871 1545 and ask them for confirmation or otherwise of suitability.

Sponsored Links
Hi, It was British Gas who have been servicing my Boiler for over 10 years who told me my boiler was a Baxi Bermuda 552 (GC No 44 077 50) & like i say the fire fitted to the boiler is for a 552 or a 401. When i went to turn the thermostat up yesterday i saw a sticker beside saying the boiler is a 551 (GC No 44 077 48 ) Wonder why British Gas say it is a 552 unless maybe it has a 552 boiler but the old casing for the 551 or parts from a 552 fitted to it, i don't know if that is possible.

I have fitting instructions for the fire that is on now LFE 3 Super (GC No 37 077 16) that say it is for a 552 or a 401 and a 2nd hand fire that i want a gas engineer to fit for me....VP (GC No 37 077 17) that says it is for a 552 or a 401. I notice that the GC Numbers for both fires are almost the same, just the last number different. I have looked at both sets of instructions and the diagrams and instructions for fitting are the same. Both instructions say the fires are for a 552. I will just have to hope the VP fire fits, if not i will have to carry on with my existing fire front. I will get a gas safe gas engineer who has done work for me before to come and have a look to see if the VP fire will fit on the back boiler.

Thank you for the advice given so far and any more advice is very welcome

Louise

In reality the 551 and 552 were the same boiler the only difference was the burner fixing point were slightly different and fire support bracket fixings
Baxi used to sell all the fire fronts to fit both fires but as the 551 had been out since the late 70`s at some point after 2000 ish they decided to stop saying the fires would fit onto 551`s this was a sales gimmick as such to try and get people to replace the ageing appliance completly.
As an experienced rgi on baxi bbu`s i would have no qualms fitting an appropriate fire with correct fire bracket to a 551

Thank you to everyone who has replied and given me advice. Anymore advice is very welcome. Thank you.

Any more advice to my posts, i will be very grateful. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back