Baxi Boiler - Pilot Light goes out when temp drops to -3 deg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When the temperature drops to under about 3 degrees the pilot light on my Baxi boiler goes out. The heating goes off around 9am and is due on again around 4.30pm so when it gets very cold I keep coming home to a cold house.

The pilot light indicator is not on but the boiler and fan lights are. The flame does not show in the window so I turn the boiler off and on and if lucky get the pilot light back on again. This process can take an hour or so even though my thermostat is calling for more heat.

Sometimes, I get it going and later realise it has gone off again. Any ideas? I have had the thermostat replaced amongst other things during the 4 years I have been battling with this problem.

Sponsored Links
I have had to clean the pilot on those boilers before now so if the pilot is not good enough it is too weak to maintain a flame that is proved under all conditions, adverse wind, temperature, etc. the easy way is to get a new pilot jet fitted they are not expensive.

Sponsored Links
Thank you! I have an engineer coming on Monday from Eon (heating care contract). Not sure if they are experienced as have read some just know the basics. I will ask them to do what you have suggested. Again thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back