Best way to secure a timber shower base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

What is the best way to 1. Secure the timber to the floor for a shower base and 2. Secure the timber pieces together in order to make it stronger.

My woodwork skills are OK-ish so any advice would be grand. Thank-you.

Sponsored Links
In order to answer those questions properly I would like to know what materials do you intend to use? Also what height off the existing floor is the new shower base to be, (sometimes the waste is run in the new upstand, but sometimes dropped into the existing floor void below so you do not have to step up too high into the tray)? What is the construction of the existing floor, timber, concrete, or cement screed. etc ? Are there any pipes or cable in the existing floor to be avoided?

In order to answer those questions properly I would like to know what materials do you intend to use? Also what height off the existing floor is the new shower base to be, (sometimes the waste is run in the new upstand, but sometimes dropped into the existing floor void below so you do not have to step up too high into the tray)? What is the construction of the existing floor, timber, concrete, or cement screed. etc ? Are there any pipes or cable in the existing floor to be avoided?

Hi the shower already existing and is in situ I am just replacing the rubbish the person put there before, it is a tray with legs and they just put it on pathetic blocks.

Im going to use a treated timber its about 3 inches thick and the legs will sit on it, the floor is wooden and don't get me started on the waste, its beyond help to be honest but my job is just to secure the base.

Sponsored Links

Hi the shower already existing and is in situ I am just replacing the rubbish the person put there before, it is a tray with legs and they just put it on pathetic blocks.

Im going to use a treated timber its about 3 inches thick and the legs will sit on it, the floor is wooden and don't get me started on the waste, its beyond help to be honest but my job is just to secure the base.

Im not 100% sure that the floor beneath is free of cables or pipes....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back