BG Homecare Contract and power flushing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning

Would my homecare contract with BG be affected or altered in anyway if I got an independant plumber to do a power flush for me, as BG are looking for £713 !!! :( ?...........

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
No, anyone can do it.

Just remember they will not accept a third party flush for contract purposes......so if any problems you have now re-occur they will not repair or replace the problem.

So the answer is YES then surely, because they will then not touch any associated problems which previuosly they would have ?

Could I cancel my Homecare package, get an independant power flush, then rejoin BG Homecare as a new customer, or does anyone else run a similar scheme, eg United Utiliies ?

Thanks

I don't see the advantage of cancelling and joining again. :confused:

I wasn't clear enough. You can have any work done on the system that you like but BG will not be held responsible for their work.

You have been quoted for a flush (lets assume its for a good reason :LOL: ) As per your T+C's you are already not covered for associated problems so getting a third party to do the work will not affect your contract.

Sponsored Links
I am lead to believe that if BG do the flush and it goes wrong down the line they will fix the problem for free.

If I get an independant to do the flush, BG they will not fix anything if it goes wrong.

So by cancelling contract I could get an independant to do the flush at half the price then rejoin BG, thats my plan, and BG will then just pick up the maintenance again.

Er no :LOL:

If you leave and rejoin any faults would be pre existing, they have history on the contract anyway. If a flush has been recommended it should be noted on the history and it won't matter what you do with the contract.

If you take their flush and it goes wrong BG stump up. If you get an independent to do it why should BG pay up if it goes wrong?

you can change your contract to any of the big companies and they will all try to sell you a powerflush, their engineers are forced to sell them whether you actually need one or not, what problems are you having and what make and model of boiler do you have

why not cancel the contract all together and save yourself a small fortune. BG contracts are only worth it when you have stuff going wrong that they are fixing, the minute you have to start paying for stuff its no longer value for money

Why does it need flushing?
If something has caused sludge that will need sorting out too.

I am experiencing a boiler which keeps cutting out, heating that runs then goes off, intemittent hot water, and more importantly the big rad in the front room stays cold from the bottom to half way up. Water has been drained from here and it is full of what i can only describe as black iron fillings. I am having to turn off all upstairs rads to be able to get some heat downstairs. I have been told that the pipework is getting effectively insulated from the inside by all the crap in the system causing the safety sensor to malfunction as it cannot accurately read the water temp. This would be replaced during the flush BG said. sometimes the boiler will try to fire up but the flames will die after about 4 seconds and this will continue as long as the heating is trying to come on or hot water is asked for. Occasionally the boiler will trip out and need ressetting. Last night I turned on hot bath tap and hot sink tap for ages and finally generated a substantial flow of good hot water. Maybe I forced enough rubbish away from sensor for it to work properly. it will be a gamble again tonight if I get hot water or heating.

Cheers all

OK £700+ for a flush sounds like daylight robbery, but looking around it seems to be the going rate for BG :rolleyes:
It does sound like you have a real problem and need a flush unlike many cases where it is suggested just as a money spinner
Trouble is if you have a flush done by an independent and it still fails to sort the problem or the blockage returns you will have no come back with BG and may well find the independent rather reluctant to sort it out unless he can charge you even more!

I would ask for a promise from BG that if you pay for this work it will sort out the problem without further expense. At least you can pressure BG should they fail to meet their obligations, otherwise you may find yourself on Rogue Traders bemoaning the fact that despite paying out and getting a claim in the courts the company has vaporised!

I am lead to believe that if BG do the flush and it goes wrong down the line they will fix the problem for free.

BG are experts at wriggling out of issues... They have covered themselves through the Ts and Cs you sign up to.

I wouldn't get sucked into their sales talk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back