boiler broken! bosch worcester 24cdi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, im hoping someone on here can shed some light on my situation and point me in the right direction.

just moved into my new house and removed the radiators for decorating. unfortunately i forgot to refill the boiler when i next turned it on. so was running the hot tap wondering why the water remained cold. the boiler made a few unhealthy noises and a funny smell so turned it back off. i have since refilled the water in the boiler giving it the correct pressure, but i am getting two slow flashing lights (ch and hw) pressing and holding the reset button doesnt seem to do anything.

ive had a look on the bosch worcester website and it explained that its running its air purge mode and takes up to eight minutes to correct itself, it seemed to be the correct answer as it states the pump will switch itself on and off intermittently during the process (which it is) but after leaving it to crry this out for over half an hour im not so sure.

another site states that the two flashing lights are that the overheat cut off thermostat has operated and the boiler has entered a lockout mode to protect itself. but it also says that simply holding down the reset button for 5 secs should fix it........which it hasn't!

can anyone help me please??

oh and just to add my girlfriends dad is a corgi registered engineer but he's stumped as to what it could be too!

Sponsored Links
You need to ID the exact model cdi, preferably by the GC No which is on the data plate and starts with 47-???-??
Your G/F's dad should be able to do that.

Operating the boiler without water may have done some damage!

You will probably need to call a gas reg engineer to diagnose and fix the problem.

Tony

Sponsored Links
as above, plus your g/f dad won't be corgi reg it hasn't existed for 4 yrs it's gas safe, just because he is an RGI it doesn't mean he can repair boilers, two slow flashing lights is an overheat prob however it could be due to a number of things, but you need an RGI who deals with boiler repairs to look at it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back