Boiler, controller, thermostat, find my fault :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

This is a desperate call for help as the so called plumber has done a runner!!

I have recently had a new system boiler and controller fitted to replace a 20+ yr old myson, It almost works as it should it just has one fault that is causing me lots of hassle and the plumber who fitted it just isnt interested.

if the heating is on by itself this works fine, clicks on and off as it should

if the water is on by itself this also works fine clicking on and off as it should.

the problem is when the water and heating are on together, when the water is heating up I also have heating so no problem there, but when the thermostat clicks off on the water it also turns off the heating off and basically locks up.

I can alter the room thermostat and nothing happens i get no heating, the only way to get it to work is either turn the electric off to the boiler / controller or alter the cylinder thermostat up (so it clicks on) then turn it back down. This then allows the heating to come back on.

Hopefully that makes sense, so whats your best guess which bit is fauly?

any other info required let me know as this is really bugging me now

cheers

Sponsored Links
With that level of information you aren't going to get much help :rolleyes: .

However, with my guessing hat on, I would say you have a Y-plan and the installer has wired it up wrong.

so what additional info would help me get some response?

thanks

Sponsored Links
there are heaps of good installers around that part of london...assuming you are in Hornsey how did you end up with a Numpty?

nope I am based in the north east, the boiler was fitted by someone reccomended by a friend, he is now "too busy" to look into it !!

i'll dig the information out on the boiler and controller although I thought that they would all have had a similar wiring setup.

I am obviously not a plumber but I am decent with a multimeter so i thought from the description that it might have been obvious to you clever types where to start looking.

i'll get the info ASAP

thanks again

right some additional info as requested

my system has

ideal logic heat + 24 boiler

Horstmann CentaurPlus C21 control

cylinder with thermostat

1 room thermostat

1 danfoss valve

1 water pump

so any ideas where to start looking or has anyone come across this before?

thanks

p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back