Boiler Flue and house purchase question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of questions for the wise if I may.

My daughter is buying her first house and I went round to cast my critical eye on it today.

I noticed the boiler flue was very much out of sorts and it started ringing alarm bells.

As you can see from the pictures it looks like the current owner has stuck a bit of plastic waste pipe into the centre section to vent the gases away from the window. The boiler is an Ideal Standard boiler. The system has pump, 3 port valve and hot water cylinder in upstairs cupboard. The boiler is not new but the rest of the kitchen is so I suspect this may have been like this for a while.

So first question is this safe or indeed legal?

Second question is as she has not exchanged contracts is this down to the current owner to sort out or will she have to do it on completion?

Thank you in advance for your advice and knowledge.[/url]

Sponsored Links
It is called a plume management kit. It has been installed to exuast flue gasses away from the window. There is nothing to worry about. This is not a diy job. The installer has used the proper kit supplied by ideal

thats not a waste pipe it is a plume management kit, designed to divert the plume of vapour caused by a condensing boiler away from "nuisance areas"

M86799_1_Pluming%20kit(3).jpg

Can anyone tell me what an "Ideal Standard boiler is"?

Sponsored Links
Can anyone tell me what an "Ideal Standard boiler is"?

It's a normal cistern which has inadvertently been plumbed into the CH system instead of the cold mains feed.

;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back