Boiler keeps cutting out when the central heating is on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Alpha CB28 combi boiler. When the heating comes on the boiler lights up for around 10-15 minutes but then it cuts out. It then keeps coming on and cutting out every 2 minutes. When the boiler cuts out there is still a whirring in the boiler (I think it's the fan?) but the burner goes out.

It's not the room thermostat as this is turned up and the temperature is not yet reached before the boiler cuts out.

The hot water appears to be working OK although it is behaving a little erratically if I use the hot water whilst the heating is on.

We have only recently had the boiler serviced. We also had to re-pressurise the expansion vessel the other day as there was no air in there and the pressure was swinging wildly, which activated the pressure release valve. Not sure if this should have any relevance to the current problem?

Anyone know why the boiler keeps cutting out? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
what are the neon lights on the front of the boiler showing when it cuts out. A+B they will flash in a sequence which tells you the status of the boiler

what are the neon lights on the front of the boiler showing when it cuts out. A+B they will flash in a sequence which tells you the status of the boiler

The lights are behaving as expected. B flashes intermittently when the boiler is off/cuts out and is lit continuously when the burner fires up. Light A remains off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back