Boiler size in KW???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a glow worm 24cxi thats old and needs replacing, we have a 3 bed semi with 7 good size rads. Having looked around we have decided on a Baxi combi. The question is do we go for the 24 duo or the 28? Are we going to get any benefit from the larger boiler when the 24 seems adequate. My theory is that the 28 would be doing less work as its more than man enough, or are we just wasting money and would we get bigger bills from having the bigger boiler.

Sponsored Links
Are you happy with it at the moment?

If yes, then 24 is fine and will be marginally more efficient for heating.

If no, then 28kW will give you SOME improvement IF the water supply to the house is capable.

I personally think there are better boilers - but kW is kW.

Sponsored Links
THe 24KW Boiler is normally entry level combi with a flow rate of around 9 or ten litres

As long as client has the flow rate my recommendation is always 28 KW and above for decent shower or bath from combination boiler

Be aware that, as boilers go, the Duotec is somewhat louder in operation than other makes so if it's located somewhere where noise might be an issue then you need to be sure you'll be happy with that

Why do want to replace the current Glow-worm? Is there something wrong with it? As far as I'm aware, all parts are still available.

Intergas or Vaillant are the quietest I know and would be happy to specify.

Intergas has the smallest installation footprint too if the expansion vessel can go elsewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back