DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

Bosch Classixx 1200 Express not Spinning or Draining

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tinks30

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:03 am Reply with quote

Hello,
People on here seem to know what they are talking about so thought I would give it ago.

I have just inherited a Bosch Classixx 1200 Express washing machine. I tried to use it for the first time last night. I noticed that the machine was not spinning and it didn't drain at all so now I have a drum full of dirty water and a load of bed clothes that are sopping wet.

Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this. On a bit of a budget.

Cheers! icon_biggrin.gif
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
MANDATE

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:22 am Reply with quote

You would be better with this problem in 'appliances' rather than 'plumbing/central heating'
 Alert Moderators
David937

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:47 pm Reply with quote

Tinks30 wrote:
Hello,
People on here seem to know what they are talking about so thought I would give it ago.

I have just inherited a Bosch Classixx 1200 Express washing machine. I tried to use it for the first time last night. I noticed that the machine was not spinning and it didn't drain at all so now I have a drum full of dirty water and a load of bed clothes that are sopping wet.

Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this. On a bit of a budget.

Cheers! icon_biggrin.gif

Check the filter/pump for a blockage. Not sure if the Classixx has a drainage tube at the bottom on the front of the machine to drain the water and then check the filter.
 Alert Moderators
Agile

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:58 pm Reply with quote

You need to identify the water level switch and will probably find that the tube going towards the bottom of the machine has become blocked.

You can often unblock it just from the top using something like a brake cable from a bicycle.

But after disconnecting it the pressure will have been lost to the switch. To get the machine to pump out you will need to get another bit of tube and connect that to the pressure switch and blow gently into it to simulate a full drum!

Trouble with that is that you may have to be blowing for quite a while until the machine has got to the point that it will drain. Selecting spin will probably help but some machines incorporate a further rinse cycle before spinning.

Tony Glazier

PS You may find that, contrary to your wishes, a mad mod will still move your post back to the appliances!
The following user says thank you to Agile for this useful post:
Tinks30 (20 Oct 2011)
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: