Bristan Art Deco Taps - New Indeces?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm after a set of replacement indeces (the plastic insert on the top of the tap that tells you if it is hot or cold!) for Bristan Art Deco taps. Having spoken with Bristan, I've established that the taps I have are old (about 10 years) and the indeces they now sell (part code IND BT048PLWHA) do not fit these old Art Deco bathroom taps. The old indeces (part code D IND) are out of stock with Bristan. I've tried the shower doctor, and I've tried ebay and google searches to no avail. It seems a shame to have to replace the whole tap just because the HOT/COLD writing on a small piece of plastic has worn away - apart from this the taps are in excellent condition. Anyone have any ideas wherelse I might try for these old parts?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the try - I looked at those already - none the right size. It's difficult to measure what I have exactly without a micrometer, but the indices I have have an internal diameter of about 14mm, and the external diameter is no more than 16mm - any larger and there would be an overhang where the tap handle rises. Suspect I may have to wait and keep my eyes peeled on ebay for some old units to come up :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back