British Gas Combi Boiler 532/i - Replacement Pressure Gauge?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I inherited the above-mentioned boiler and have concluded the pressure gauge is completely stuffed - plastic cover missing, reading consistently zero (not 1 bar).

I'm interested in replacing this - is this something a non-boiler tech can do? I believe it's just connected via a capillary tube, although I imagine it's necessary to properly isolate both water and electrics to the boiler before removing the old gauge and installing the new one - any tips?

Main problem I'm having right now is finding the right part - spoke to a boiler spares company and they said the GCN I provided is not coming up on their system (47-406-02). I imagine the boiler is a Worcester but am unable to find the exact model number (so I could figure out which Worcester part to buy). Anyone able to help in this regard?

Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
It's a Greenstar Cdi (I think). As to the exact model, I'm not sure. This has been asked before and I'm sure someone will reveal the answer. Have you contacted Worcester Bosch? They'll know. :)

If only I could get through on their insanely long telephonic answering system queues!

You have my sympathy. There are some current BG boys on here and they will know for sure.

Sponsored Links
Indeed. It's either a 30CDi or 32CDi (I think, just based on previous research). Anyway if I could find the part number for the pressure gauge, and/or find out whether the capillary for the gauge is the plastic or brass type, then I'm basically home

Other than figuring out how to change the thing of course...

Usually there will be a blockage at the boiler end of the capillary tube.

These can often be cleaned out with a fine needle held in pliars!

Tony

Thanks Tony for your response - from what I've read this is normally the case if the gauge reads 1 bar - mine reads 0. Do you think this is still a possible cause.

If so, could you try to explain how to get to this end of the capillary (and what I need to switch off / isolate before doing so)? I'm a relative boiler novice.

I expect that its still that which is blocked.

You should be able to look at the connection and decide how to take it apart. If not then I would think you would be better getting someone in to do it for you.

Tony

The pressure guage on the greenstar cdi range is the same across the range. The 532i is a 30cdi with and extra 2kw squeezed out for BG.

Try part number 8 717 208 107 0

Thanks all for the information and in locating the correct part.

I am having a gas safety check done later this year, so at this point I'll probably ask the engineer about replacing the gauge. I think this job is just a little bit beyond my comfort zone, given how many precautions need to be taken and my experience level with boilers. Thanks again. On to the next job!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back