British Gas WR1 wireless thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My rooms stat does not seem to talk to my reciever and the only way I can get the heating to work is to press the override button on the reciever. The recieve alarm light is also perminantely lit. I have changed the batteries in the room stat but it makes no difference. Somebody said I have to reset the recieve????? How do I do that. HELP!!!!!!!!!! I run a BnB and the guests want the heating on.

Sponsored Links
I take it Paul it's no longer under guarantee?? If so, good give them a call to come out & fix it.
If not, they use re-badged controls, so your best option is to take a digi photos & post them up here. If you're really stuck, you can link out the receiver to give you some heat, but don't attempt to do anything with the electrics if you don't know what you're doing!!
HTH

It's a rebadged Drayton Digistat SCR.

Try this. If it doesn't work, check battery terminals are clean. Still not working.................new stat time.

1. Turn off the power supply to the Digistat SCR (receiver unit)
and leave for 5 seconds.
2. Turn on power to SCR unit and check red light is on.
3. Press override button No.2 and check the green light comes
on and boiler fires.
4. Press & hold down button No.1 (Keep depressed), then
press No.2 and keep depressed. {The Red LED light will flash
a couple of times and then it will go out}
5. Now release both the buttons – {the two LED lights should
come back on}
6. Get the Digistat+2RF/+3RF unit and stand two metres away
from the SCR unit with the Digistat+2RF/+3RF unit in your hand.
7. Remove the battery cover and fit the batteries.
8. The Red LED light on the SCR will now flash for approx. 7
seconds.
9. This confirms that the radio signal is being sent and
received.
10. The Digistat+2RF/+3RF and the SCR are now successfully
linked by a dedicated RF address

I've tried everything and the thermostat is linked but when I press override number 2 (step 3) the boiler doesnt kick in? The hot water works fine and the boiler fires up. Any ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links
Green light comes on and no heating usually means the receiver is faulty but depending on the type of system you have it could be the valve controlling heating / hot water which is usually in the airing cupboard near the hot water cylinder. Have a look and tell us what you have and we can advise further.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back