Buzzing sound from Motorised valve since Heatmiser install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I installed a Heatmiser PRTHW-TS WiFi RF last weekend. Everything appears to be working very well, however, this morning, I have noticed the heatings motorised valve is making a buzzing sound. A gentle tap with a finger is enough to stop it. Prior to the installation, the valve did not make this noise. I am concerned that my wiring is incorrect. I wonder if the buzzing noise is being created by an incorrect positive voltage. The heating is on when the noise occurs.

I've attached the wiring diagram taken from the original system and how it is currently wired. I have cross referenced these with the Honeywell V4043H wiring schematic and I cannot see an error.

I'd be very grateful to anyone who could cast an expert eye over the wiring diagram of the current system and confirm if it is correct.

Some of the wiring is still connected to the original Danfoss 4033 timer / controller wiring back plane, to make it easier to take the PRTHW with me when I move, however the timer / controller has been removed from the back plane, so in no way can it conflict.

Thank you very much for any assistance.

W.

Sponsored Links
Hi again,

I logged a ticket with Heatmiser support. They have come back to me, but the reply makes no sense to me.

Their reply:

A1 = Terminal 4
A2 = Terminal 5

B1 = Terminal 6
B2 = Terminal 1

I thought he may have not noticed the terminal numbers were not in sequential order, but this still doesn't make any sense.

I know it's a big ask, but if anyone could help me out with this, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks again.

W.

Not sure why you have marked up the neutral as S/L but the rest of your wiring looks fine.

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much for your reply and boosting my confidence :).

I just cannot work out what the Heatmiser support guy is talking about. The terminal numbers he gave me just don't work out.

Corrected the diagram, sequentially ordered terminal numbers and uploaded for future reference.

I think the vibration may be a coincidence.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back