Central heating doesn't work after removing a radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I removed a radiator this weekend after shutting off the valves and draining it but not the hot water and central heating isn't working.

I've checked the boiler and the pressure is near zero. I've tried filling with the fill loop (it's a pressurised system) and I can hear water going in but it does seem to be increasing the pressure on the dial.

Is the radiator I removed crucial to the system working or is there another problem?

If the former can I bypass it in anyway as I'm doing some work in that room and want to leave the radiator disconnected if possible.

Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
Cant see the radiator being removed being the problem . If all you did was shut off the valves then remove the rad then the pressure must have been low before , if when you try and fill it via the filling loop and you can hear water going in it must be going somewhere , check the expansion pipe outside

I've got it working now. I went round and bled all the radiators, and then filled it from the filling loop. Turns out it was just taking a long time to fill up to the right pressure point.

I've put the hot water and central heating on for an hour and seems to be working fine so seems like that was all it was.

Thanks for your reply. Think I was just being a bit over cautious.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back