Central heating pipework question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

After some advice how to shorten a run of central heating pipework.

The right hand pipe of the 3 on left, continues down to floor level in the kitchen, then comes back up and becomes the pipe on the right hand side of the picture.
Combi Boiler is now upstairs, but original boiler was in kitchen, hence the inefficient route.

I was thinking to put 90 deg elbows in and box in the top corner. (I can't easily do it above the ceiling, as the corner has a chimney stack above and is solid. I don't mind the bit of boxing on view).

The bit I'm struggling with is joining them. The pipe on the right is older - I think 3/4". Checked both pipes with calipers, and the left is definitely 22mm, and right 21.5mm or 3/4". It looks like the two got joined when soldered in a T joint and one of the outlets is then blanked off after a short run of pipe.

I can't really solder easily on the right hand pipe, as electrics come through the same area, though I could pull them back up out the way and reconnect later. Are there any compression joints that have 22mm on one side and 3/4" on the other? Or will a 22mm compression joint be ok for the both sides, perhaps with some PTFE tape around?

I'm guessing this may be fairly common problem for experienced plumbers!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back