Central Heating Wiring Centre

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

After having a problem with my central heating recently, I had cause to check my wiring centre - see attached picture!

I've taken the front blanking panel off - this has holes drilled for the pump, motorised valves and cylinder thermostat wires.

I would like to sort the mess out by putting in a proper wiring centre, can anyone recommend a good one that would replace this?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
(in alphabetic order ;) )
Drayton LWC1
Honeywell LWC1

or any 10 way junction box.

Thanks for the replies.

I've just noticed that the metal back box has an earth wire attached to it.

Does this change what I should buy?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I've just noticed that the metal back box has an earth wire attached to it. Does this change what I should buy?
No.

The metal back box will have to be removed and replaced by the plastic back of the wiring centre/junction box. Th earth wire can then be connected to the appropriate terminal.

Make sure you know exactly what is connected to what on the existing wiring jumble. Write it down and draw a diagram!. If necessary label each wire, so you don't get confused, e.g the two grey wire in the top terminal strip.

You should also write down what each wire connects to at the other end, e.g Room thermostat terminal 1.

Don't assume that blue wires are neutrals and green/yellow wires are earth.

"Don't assume that blue wires are neutrals and green/yellow wires are earth."

In an older/unknown/CH lash-up very good advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back